FoodSaver 4840 Vacuum Sealer Review
I have always had issues with vacuum sealers regardless of the fact that am very keen when shopping. Although most of them come with many promises very few of them, actually do what they claim. However, since I bought the Foodsaver 4840 vacuum sealer I have not had any reason to complain, and I have a feeling that it will be a long time before shopping for another. It is an all round vacuum sealer that gets the job done fast and as efficiently as the manufacturer claims. However, what I liked most is that it also allows one to seal other valuables apart from food and so even when you do not have food to store you will always find something to do with it. Another thing that caught my eye is the extra sealing strip that will make your seals more secure and hence store your foods fresh for longer than most other vacuum sealers.
Features and Specifications
- Retracting Handheld Sealer: Foodsaver 4840 comes with a retracting handheld sealer to provide the user with more flexibility. The flexible sealer also helps to release air from freezer bags and storage containers to create a perfect seal.
- Weight and Dimensions: This vacuum sealer weighs only 10lbs and hence it is very easy and convenient to carry around. Its dimensions are 11 x 20 x 12 inches, and although this makes it bigger, it is still within a reasonable size.
- Extra Sealing Strip: The extra sealing strip makes the seal extra secure and tight and hence you can always be sure that your foods and liquids will seal correctly.
- Drip Tray: It has a patented dishwasher friendly drip tray that makes cleaning very easy for you and there is also an indicator that will let you know when it is full.
- 2-in -1 Sealing Solution: The Foodsaver 4840 provides you with solutions to store different types of food and so you only need to figure out what the food requires for storage and select the right option.
- Automatic Sealing Operation: You only need to prepare food for sealing then insert into the bag, and the rest will be automatic. The machine has sensors that detect the bag and start the sealing automatically.
- Marinate Mode: This machine has a feature that helps you marinate seafood, beef, vegetables and any other food you may wish. And the best thing is that the perfect marinating will only take a couple of minutes.
- It is fast and very economical to buy and own especially when compared to other brands currently on the market.
- Does not need any human help since it has been designed to sense automatically the presence of a bag and start the sealing process. And so it also helps you save time and effort when sealing your food.
- The 2-in-1 sealing feature helps you perform different tasks with the same sealer, and it is also what makes it possible to seal liquids.
- Apart from storing food, this sealer also has the capability to seal other important things such as paperwork or precious ornaments such as gold and silver.
- Foodsaver 4840 is one of the easiest vacuum sealers to keep clean as it has a removable and dishwasher safer drip tray. The machine also has an indicator that lets you know when the drip tray is full to avoid messes.
- It is a bulky machine, and so it will take up a lot of space in the kitchen. If you have a small kitchen, it might not be convenient to use.
- The automatic bag sensing feature is not very reliable as it may fail regularly and also lead to wastage of papers.
The Foodsaver 4840 is among the best if not the best vacuum sealer currently on the market. With its endless features, some of which are unique to the machine will help you keep your food fresh for longer. And the best thing is that it can also assist you in storing other precious things apart from food items making it a very useful machine to have at home. The advantages that you get from using this device outweigh the demerits by far, and it will help you save a lot of money as you can buy in bulk without worrying about storage. With all factors considered, the Foodsaver 4840 Vacuum Sealer is worth giving a try.