Nesco FD-37A American Harvest Food Dehydrator Review
Nesco FD-37A is an efficient dehydrator that will ensure that you do not waste any food at home. It has a single setting that makes it very easy to use even for a person with no prior experience with dehydrators. This dehydrator has a top mounted fan, but you will not have to keep on rotating the trays because it has a fan forced radial air flow. Other things that make it a perfect machine include the expandable shelves and the clear top that lets you monitor the dehydration progress.
Features and Benefits
- Power: This machine has 400 watts of drying power, and so you can be sure that it will give you all the heat that you need to dry most types of foods.
- Tray Capacity: It comes with four trays, but it is expandable up to seven to ensure that you get a large drying space for your foods.
- Air Flow: You do not have to keep on rotating trays to ensure even dehydration because this machine uses fan forced radial air flow.
- Maintenance: All the components in this device except the power head are dishwasher safe, and this makes cleaning and maintenance very easy.
- Clear Top: The transparent top is one of the things that make this a top notch machine as it helps you to monitor the drying process.
- Dimensions: It is a small and compact device with the dimensions being 14 x 14 x 9 inches.
- Temperature: This machine has an operating temperature of 165 degree F, and this makes it ideal for drying most types of foods.
A good dehydrator is essential in any home as it not only helps reduce food wastage but it is also vital in preparing delicacies such as beef jerky. Nesco is one of the pioneer companies in the manufacture and distribution of dehydrators and so even without using a machine like the FD-37A you can almost be certain it is a top notch one due to the reputation of the company. This device uses fan forced radial air flow, and so you will not have to keep on rotating trays because heat reaches all the shelves evenly. It is also a lightweight machine but with a huge drying space thanks to the expandable shelves. The few flaws such as noise and the controls will only require you to get used to them. And so the bottom line is that it is a top notch machine worth some space on your kitchen counter.